Mastering TikTok’s Search Ads and The LinkedIn Algorithm Shift
By Jenna Palmeri, Paid Social Media Strategist
TikTok’s Search Ads: Competing with Giants
TikTok is making waves beyond entertaining dances and viral challenges. With the introduction of Search Ads, TikTok aims to challenge search engine titans like Google and Amazon. Here’s what you need to know:
1. The Search Ads Toggle: To use this feature, you must have an active ad account and be running ads on TikTok. It’s essential to understand that Search Ads are not a standalone feature but a complementary addition to your current ad strategy.
2. The User Journey: When a user clicks the search button on the ‘For You’ feed, they initiate the search journey. Ads will appear alongside organic content, denoted by a “sponsored” label. This feature targets users who are more likely to make a purchase, making it a valuable addition to your advertising strategy.
3. Default Setting: The Search Ad toggle is set to “on” by default for advertisers. If you don’t wish to use this feature, remember to manually turn it off when launching your ads.
TikTok’s Search Ads are a potent tool for reaching high-intent shoppers, especially among younger demographics. As TikTok invests more in search features, incorporating this option into your strategy could yield significant results.
LinkedIn’s Algorithm Revamp: Focusing on Relevance and Expertise
LinkedIn has undergone a significant algorithm makeover in response to user feedback. Here’s what you need to know to leverage these changes:
1. Prioritizing Relevance: LinkedIn now places a higher emphasis on the relevance of your posts. When you share content, it’s more likely to reach your followers, fostering engagement.
2. Showcasing Expertise: Posts that provide “knowledge and advice” take center stage. LinkedIn aims to ensure your content reaches a broader audience, even those who don’t currently follow you. The platform uses AI to classify posts in these categories to determine whether your posts contain valuable knowledge, advice, or personal insights.
3. Meaningful Engagement: Quality over quantity is the new mantra. LinkedIn values meaningful comments that contribute to the conversation, not just generic phrases like “great” or “so true.”
Overall, LinkedIn’s algorithm shift emphasizes the value of your content and your expertise. Crafting posts that offer valuable insights and spark meaningful discussions will help you stand out in your industry.